Welcome
Welcome to alfaromeoes30

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gravel rash on sideskirts

Gravel rash on sideskirts

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 pm

I've just had the sideskirts sprayed on the SZ. The condition before was bad as a result of stones damaging the front of the skirt, behind the wheel.

Now it has fresh paint I'd like to protect it and have bought some "3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271497272611

From the vendor's description:
“3M Scotchgard™” Paint Protection Film is a nearly invisible film that is applied to the painted surfaces of your car (bonnet, bumpers, mirrors, headlights) to protect them from road debris such as rocks, bugs, salt, etc.
Made of 200 microns thick clear urethane plastic, 3M Paint Protection Film was initially designed to protect helicopter blades from debris during the Vietnam War.
Since then, it has been used by various auto manufacturers to protect painted surfaces from rock chips."

Planning to fit it this weekend and I'll report back on how it's lasted over the forthcoming season.

wrinx
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gravel rash on sideskirts

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Fitted it to the front and rear arches, let's see how it lasts...

wrinx
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Technical Discussion